Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My 100 Day Challenge

As a woman with PCOS, I read blogs, about PCOS. Makes sense right? Well, I stumbled upon a blog that has helped me out. I've mentioned this blog before. The other night, I was reading her blog, and she posted that she was starting a new challenge for herself. She decided that she was going to go 100 Days Soda Free. I've quit soda (pop as I like to call it) before, and know that I am capable of doing it again. I'll be starting a weigh loss challenge here real soon with other woman with PCOS. With this challenge, it is best to cut out all pop, carbs, sugars, fried foods, processed foods. SO, what CAN I eat? Well, meat, and above ground veggies are the best. Add some protein in (with shakes and such) and you have yourself a PCOS diet. *shutter* I really feel restricted while on this diet, and I doubt it is something I can do for the rest of my life. I do feel like keeping up with this diet is a good and healthy choice for me, but I'll need my cheat days. If you are a woman with PCOS, and think a weight loss challenge sounds like something you would be interested in, go to this blog and read about it. I have made the choice to do this, since it seems to be very much like the strict diet I was on last winter. I did lose 35 lbs, however I did not keep it off. I will try to lose weight, and try HARDER to keep it off this time. I have to do this for me, and my children. So, back to the point of this post, I am starting 100 Days Soda Free. I started on March 1, and the 100th day will be the day after my birthday, June 8th, 2011. If you would like to join this challenge you are welcome to. :)

2 comments:

  1. I just started Wednesday not eating later than 7:30pm... I'm hoping this is a good first step for me. Good luck on your 100 day challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing about my blog :) how sweet. Reason I wanted to write you was because I'd like to feature your blog :)

    Hello fellow Blogger :)

    I am writing you because I would love love to feature your blog in my Monday Bloglight. I have been wanting to start this but was waiting to get my blog revamp completely finished... well now that it is I am up and running it now.

    Anyways, I am just trying to contact a few bloggers I follow and that I enjoy reading about etc. and seeing if you would like to be featured in Mrs. O’s Monday Bloglight? I wanted to give those I follow a chance to be my first features before others start getting in there.

    http://mrsoslife.blogspot.com/p/blog-spotlight.html

    That is the link to tell you about it... goes to my blog page.

    Basically, you will get your blog featured on my blog. I will write a post and add your blog links and blog button (if you have one) in the post and then I add the info you share when filling out the form (you pick what you would like to say to my readers... a little about you and your blog)... you can also share pictures :)

    Just a way to help out fellow bloggers and provide my readers the ability to follow some other great bloggers. It’s really simple and the only thing I require is that you write a welcome post on the Monday you are featured. Just a quick welcome to those visiting from Mrs. O’s Monday Bloglight... I ask this so that way my readers know they are in the right place and that way they can leave a comment that they stopped by :)

    I hope you will let me feature your blog :) and if you would like to just fill out the form found on the page (link I shared).

    Thanks so much

    Christina
    From the blog: Mrs. O’s Life. My adventures with: Faith, PCOS, TTC & being a military wife --- formerly known as A Soul Cyster’s Journey with PCOS

    ReplyDelete