Friday, November 2, 2012

My life in the past year - Accident Part 1

Hello.
If you are reading this, you already know why it's been so long since I've blogged. I don't even know where to begin. 2 posts ago I told you about my new car. Ha. That was a bust. Just 5 months to the day that we purchased our new "Hamster Mobile" I was in the worst accident of my life.
I really don't know how to blog about it. It is the singe most life changing event that has ever happened to me. I guess I'll just start with how the day started an go from there.

Thursday, January 26th. I left my house to give a massage. It was very icy that morning, so I drove slowly. I called my massage client to let her know that I would be running late. She insisted that I turn around and go home. (I wish now that I had listened to her) I assured her that I was already on my way, and as long as I drove slowly, I'd be safe. I also had to go to the hospital to have a blood pregnancy test done for my fertility. I hung up the phone with her at the stop sign there at Northwestern High School, and continued on my way. About 30 seconds later, I saw a black SUV hit black ice and swerve right towards me. The only things I remembered were sounds. I remember hearing something loud. That could only be the sound of them cutting me out of my car. I remember asking "Is this a dream" I think I remember hearing "No, this is not a dream." Maybe something about "we'll get you out as quick as we can". I do remember saying "Owe Owe Owe"  but I do not remember any pain, or sights. From then, I don't remember anything until I'm in the hospital. They sent me to St. Joe. The next thing I know, I saw my MIL and SIL entering the room. I was later told that I told them "I love you but please don't touch me". The sent me by ambulance to St. Vincent in Indy because my injuries were too traumatic for Kokomo. I ended up having a 5 hr surgery to place rods in my leg, arm, and wrist, and wired my knee back together. I had a broken L arm, a fractured L wrist, a shattered L knee, and my femur broke in 4 places. I was in Indy for 5 long days.  





I'll leave this entry with that. If I wrote about the entire thing, I would never sleep. Here is my car the day we bought it, Aug 26, and the day of the accident, Jan 26.
Good night.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are worth a thousand words! I am so thankful you are okay!

    ReplyDelete