Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our New Hamster Mobile

Jeff and I have had SO much trouble with our car since January 2011. The car has been in and out of the 'car hospital' about 3 times, costing us an arm and a leg, on top of our monthly car payments. No thank you! I was so over our car. On the way to work one Friday morning, I was about 3.5 miles away from home when our car just broke down. I was right next to Northwestern H.S. when I guess the Timing Belt broke. Long story short, had to tow in the car, and literally 9 WEEKS and 3 auto shops later, we got our car back... JUST to have the AC quit working the VERY NEXT DAY! I was livid! This is what I believe to be one of the hottest summers I've lived through, and we've not had AC for the 9 weeks our car was in the shop, then what would you know... The AC quits working the very next day it comes out of the shop.
Jeff and I decided to start shopping around for a new car. I was so upset with our car that I told her (yes, my car is a her) that we are trading her in for a younger, more attractive model. She was being replaced. My dream car (or SUV rather) is an orange Honda Element... You know, that burnt orange color. I just think it looks great, unique, and just my style. Well, my hubby was not on the same page as me. I do understand that they cost more than we could really afford, so, we kept looking. One thing that is unique AND we could both agree on is a Kia Soul. The next thing to do is pick a color we both like. That was easier than I thought. Jeff thought I would want an orange, since that's what I want my Element to be, but when I saw an orange Soul, I didn't really like it as well. I told Jeff I actually like the green color better, or better known as "alien". Ok, that's what we want. I ended up going down to my Grandmas house, so Jeff got to test drive a Soul without me. Oh well. Jeff told them what we wanted, and put down a deposit. The next step is the longest. Waiting. We waited. 3 weeks we waited for our Alien Soul to arrive. FINALLY we got word that OUR Alien Soul is waiting on us in Lafayette. Friday night was the first time we were both able to go to Lafayette and pick it up. I was not sad to drop off the Altima . I was more than happy to drive up and see them shinning up our Soul. But wait, more waiting! We still had to sign papers, and the guy we were waiting on was already with another customer. Oh but that would be too easy right? Then, the computer system went down. We had to wait for that to come back up. (this is when I was able to test drive it) FINALLY we were able to sign papers and drive it home. I can not believe we have a new car! We are have already made rules. #1 NO smoking (we don't smoke, so this rule is for any family/friends who ride in it) #1 NO eating or drinking (for now) and #3 NO PUGGLES until we get seat covers, and the divider. (so they won't jump up into the front seats - they love doing that. ) When we drove it off the lot, there were 13 miles on our new car. And driving it home from Lafayette put some miles on it, running errands in Kokomo, and going to the Walton Freeze really put some miles on it. I can't believe it's in the 100's already! It takes NO time at all to add on the miles. Enough of the story, here is our new car!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! I love it! That is a cool mom mobile! I wanna see more pics! Is it a boy or girl? What did you name it!?!

    I miss you.

    ReplyDelete